SHORES OF ERIE WINE FESTIVAL 2014 GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD (Entry Period): The promotional period begins on Thursday, August 28th, 2014 at 9:30am and ends on Friday, August 29th, 2014 at 12:00pm (Noon). All times are in Eastern Time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Shores of Erie Wine Festival Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) who are eighteen (19) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees & volunteers of Shores of Erie Wine Festival, sponsors and companies involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Giveaway, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee or volunteer are not eligible.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Shores of Erie Wine Festival, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. TIMING: Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, entrants can enter in the following ways:
- By liking, sharing and/or commenting on the designated Facebook giveaway post(s). Entry must be made by the entrant using their Facebook account. There is no limit to the amount of giveaway posts can be liked, shared and/or commented on by each entrant. Each Facebook account can only be eligible to win one prize.
- By retweeting and/or favoriting the designated Twitter giveaway tweets. Entry must be made by the entrant using their Twitter account. There is no limit to the amount of retweets posted by each contestant but each Twitter account can only be eligible to win one prize.
Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet web site or email address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
6. DRAWING: Immediately following the conclusion of the Entry Period, Shores of Erie Wine Festival and/or their partners will select the names of two (2) potential winners of all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. If a potential winner does not respond within the time frame stated in the winner notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible entries received. If you are selected as a winner, you will be notified through a Facebook message and asked to provide your name, telephone number, and e-mail address.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) before receiving the prize. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZES: No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that a prize or portion of prize is unavailable. Winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use. Limit one (1) prize per household.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Giveaway constitutes an entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s designees to use of entrant’s name, opinions, biographical information, and province of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”), Facebook & Twitter from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) printing errors; (c) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (d) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt and use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the province of Ontario. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the province of Ontario.
This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Giveaway should be sent to Shores of Erie Wine Festival, 268 Dalhousie St., Amherstburg, ON, N9V 1W7 and NOT Facebook or Twitter.